Your Gregory pack is designed to provide you with many years of enjoyable use. It is important that you take the following steps:
- Using a mild soap (never use detergents or solvents) and a damp sponge, wipe out the inside and outside of the pack bag. Be sure to completely air dry the pack with all zippers open prior to storing.
- Stubborn stains may require scrubbing with a soft bristle nylon brush. However, please note that excessive cleaning may damage the protective coatings provided by the manufacturer and is NOT recommended.
- Never put your pack in the dryer as the heat may damage the manufacturers protective coatings. You should also keep it out of direct sunlight and away from direct heat sources (the oven, a radiator, etc) when storing your pack.
- The use of solvents and dryers may damage your pack.
- Always store your pack in a cool, dry place.
Gregory packs and luggage are built to last a lifetime. They’re designed to be outside, and the materials we use are meant to provide the highest durability and performance for their intended use. But just like a quality piece of outerwear or footwear, packs need to be cared for and cleaned to maintain durability and performance. On this page, we’ll outline the simplest and most effective ways to keep your pack in top shape for years to come.
Cleaning Your Pack
- Using a damp sponge with mild soap (we recommend non-toxic, environmentally friendly options), wipe out the inside and outside of the pack bag after each trip.
- Rinse pack completely using cool, clean water. Make sure to rinse zippers and buckles clean of dirt and debris. A bathtub is a great spot for cleaning and rinsing.
- Wipe off excess water with a towel and allow the pack to air dry away from a heat source and out of direct sunlight, keeping all zippered pockets open until completely dry.
- For stubborn stains, use a soft-bristled nylon brush. Note that excessive brushing can damage the protective coatings on the fabric and is not recommended.
Do not do the following:
- Do not put your backpack in the washing machine
- Do not put your backpack in the dryer – this can damage the protective coatings
- Do not dry using a hair dryer or heat gun
- Do not use detergents or solvents to clean your pack
Rolling Luggage Care
- Cleaning should be done in the same manner as packs (see above); however, we do not recommend letting the wheels soak in water.
- Hardcase luggage can be scrubbed with a soft-bristled nylon brush and some mild soap and water to remove surface stains.
- ActiveShield compartments can be wiped clean using a damp sponge with mild soap, towel dried, and then left open to air dry completely.
3D Hydro Reservoir Care
Our patent-pending, 3D soft-molded Gregory 3D Hydro Reservoirs are game-changers. They’re easy to fill, a cinch to clean, and they dry completely in a fraction of the time compared to traditional flat reservoirs. We recommend cleaning after each use and periodically cleaning with specialized hydration reservoir cleaning tablets (follow tablet instructions). Note that some tablets can change the color of the hose and reservoir. Below are the steps we use for regular cleaning of the 3D Hydro Reservoir.
- Rinse the reservoir with warm water and mild detergent (we recommend non-toxic, environmentally friendly options).
- Remove the hose and bite valve and rinse in warm water and mild detergent. Remove the bite valve silicone cover and rinse in warm water and mild detergent.
- For heavier cleaning, use hydration reservoir brushes to clean the hose, inside the reservoir, and the bite valve.
- After rinsing, hang the reservoir to dry from the integrated QuickDry hanger
Do not do the following:
- Do not use bleach to clean your reservoir
- Do not use boiling water to clean your reservoir