Appalachian, Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, Great Himalayan, Machu Picchu, Camino de Santiago … you can hike them all. The Baltoro 85 offers massive capacity and the constantly adapting comfort of Response A3 suspension, allowing you to tackle the longest self-supported trips on your list. With enough room for any expedition load plus the kitchen sink, this 85-liter monster is the largest all-season backpack in our line.
Style specific features
- Twin side-mounted zippered gear pockets
- Dual anti-barreling stays for added stability
- Additional HDPE panel in suspension for enhanced carry of heavy loads
This model exists in small, medium and large. All measurements shown on this page are taken from the standard men's medium.
Response A3 Suspension
At the heart of the Baltoro series lies A3, the latest evolution of our groundbreaking, award-winning Response suspension system. The proprietary A3—or Automatic Angle Adjust—chassis is the reason these packs remain comfortable and balanced, adapting to your body and maintaining your center of gravity through shifting terrain, conditions, and intensity levels.
Response A3 technology makes this the lightest, most dynamic and versatile Baltoro series yet.
Raincover stows in its own mesh compartment inside an external vertical-zip pocket that doubles as accessory storage in mild weather (raincover included)
Removable shock cord ice axe/trekking pole retainers
An accurate torso measurement ensures the majority of the pack’s load is correctly transferred onto the main structure of the body – the hips
Men’s: S, M, L
Women’s: XS, S, M
Pre-curved, ergonomically tapered hipbelts in multiple sizes, featuring LifeSpan foam and a new easy-change design for quickly finding the perfect custom fit
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
Pre-curved, ergonomically tapered shoulder harness straps are available in multiple sizes, featuring LifeSpan foam and a new easy-change design that allows finetuning within each harness size
Men’s: S, M, L
Women’s: XS, S, M
A removable EVA shim offers the user two stages of contouring in the lumbar region for the perfect fit
A TPU-coated and sealed hipbelt compartment, sized for smartphones or other digital devices and features a highly weather-resistant YKK AquaGuard® zipper closure
A side-mounted, ergonomic, stow-away bottle/accessory pocket with a mesh drawstring closure for securing loose items. A beloved Gregory feature.
Top-loading design with a front U-zip panel that opens from top to bottom for rapid access to main body contents
External access with removable internal divider
- Double barrel dual-sided lid compartments with internal divider for increased on-trail organization
- Stretch mesh water bottle/trail stash pocket
- Multistraps removable via girth-hitch, adjustable straps that can be positioned at multiple lash points on the exterior of the pack for carrying a sleeping pad, outerwear, camp shoes, dirty laundry, etc.
- Reflective zipper pulls
- Sidekick pack combination hydration reservoir sleeve and ultra-light removable daypack, perfect for unscheduled day trips, summit hikes, or supply runs into town during a thru-hike
- Main access top-loader | front U-zip