SIGN UP NOW
We look forward to sending you exclusive news and special offers, plus your unique 10% discount code.
Please follow the sign-up instruction that you will receive in your email box in a few moments.
*We use personal data you provide to us to send you emails with information about our products and services, and to tailor
emails and online advertising based on what you have shown interest in or buy from us.
By clicking here you are accepting our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
You may opt-out by following the unsubscribe button in every message we send you.
‘We’ means Samsonite Hungaria Bőrönd KFT, Keselyűsi út 5, 7100 Szekszárd, Magyarország
Last Updated: 23/05/2018
„Personal Information“ is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Travel information, including trip flight information
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Services.
We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
As part of our Services, we collect Personal Information from you via offline interactions, for example, when you visit our stores, attend one of our trade shows, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
From Other Sources.
We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example, our affiliates, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends' profiles.
We don’t collect and ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, data concerning health or data concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation, or social security numbers, health) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules containing additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We aggregate Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates at www.aboutbags.com . Affiliates as used in this document means the entities controlled by, under common control with or controlling us.
To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so
To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
„Other Information“ is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law (e.g. under GDPR), then we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- When you download and use the App, we and our service providers track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies.
- We use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We also sometimes share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third party services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Third party advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing communication and by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us via www.aboutbags.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us via www.aboutbags.com or by writing us at the address mentioned in the ‘Contacting Us’ section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Use of services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16, except in those countries where the minimum age is lower.
Jurisdiction and cross-border transfer
Your Personal Information can be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (comprised of the EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, together “EEA”): Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/internationaltransfers/adequacy/index_en.htm. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information.
Third party payment service
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your communication with us.
Additional information for individuals in the eea
If you are located in the EEA, you also may:
- Contact us via www.aboutbags.com
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
LAST REVISED: 16/06/2018
This Cookies Policy (“Policy”) describes the different types of cookies and similar technologies that are used on the site where this policy appears (“Website”). We may change this Policy at any time. Please see the “LAST REVISED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Any changes in this Policy will become effective when we make the revised Policy available on or through the Website.
A. What are Cookies?
Web Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device. They are used to improve the service on the Website. The information stored in the cookies can, for example, be used to manage your shopping cart, to remember your username and preferences you have selected, or to recognize you when you visit the Website again.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. Nonetheless, if you wish, you can block or delete cookies (for details see section C). However, if you do so, some areas of the Website may no longer function properly.
B. Which Cookies are used?
Cookies may be (i) first party cookies, served directly by us to your device, or (ii) third party cookies, served by a third party on our behalf. Cookies placed by a different party than Samsonite, are called third party cookies. These cookies may “follow” you through various websites and for a longer period of time. The third parties placing these cookies may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our Website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programs and other third parties. For example, social media cookies (such as YouTube, Facebook or Twitter cookies) that collect information about social media usage. We use social media cookies to integrate social media sharing tools into our Website and to measure the effectiveness of these sharing tools. We use third party cookies to help us analyze our websites and their use, and to enable tailored advertising.
a) Essential Cookies - Essential cookies enable you to navigate the Website and to use its services and features. Without these absolute necessary cookies, the Website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the website or certain services or features.
Some examples of essential cookies:
- dwac_*: SalesForce commerce cloud Analytics cookie that stores the session ID of the user session. This session cookie expires when you exit the browser.
- dwsecuretoken_*: a cookie issued when a customer uses HTTPS. This cookie expires when you exit the browser.
- Cqcid: hashed ID for an unregistered shopper. This cookie expires when you exit the browser.
- Cquid: hashed ID for a known shopper. This cookie expires when you exit the browser.
- Dwsid: this cookie stores the session ID for a customer to find an already created basket. This session cookie expires when you exit the browser.
- Sid: stores the session ID for a customer. This session cookie expires when you exit the browser.
b) Preference Cookies - Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the Website accordingly. These cookies allow us to provide a more personalized experience.
Examples of Preference Cookies we use:
We use Google Maps on our “Stockist locator” page and “Repair center” page to provide detailed information on how to locate our stockists and repair centres:
- ID: a unique identifier used by Google applications to store user preference information. This cookie expires after 10 years from set/update.
- PREF: the PREF cookie stores your preferences and other information, in particular your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and preferred zoom level. This cookie expires after 10 years from set/update.
c) Analytics Cookies – Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Website and enable us to improve the way it works. Analytics cookies such as used by Hotjar show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Website, help us record any difficulties you have with the Website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Website, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information in aggregate form to analyse Website traffic and perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of our visitors by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Website, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
Examples of Analytics Cookies:
- utma: contains a unique and anonymous identifying ID, which allows us to ensure that subsequent visits to our website are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. This cookie expires after 2 years from set/update.
- utmb: used to establish and continue a unique user session. Each time you request another page from the website the cookie is updated to expire after 30minutes from set/ update.
- utmc: works with __utmb to determine when to create a new session for a website visitor. This is a session cookie and expires when you exit the browser.
- utmz: tracks how you found us and is used to calculate traffic and navigation within the website. This cookie expires after 6 months from set/ update.
- utmv: relates to custom reporting segments, a feature which we occasionally use on Google Analytics. This cookie expires after 2 years from set/ update.
Full details of the cookies which Google Analytics uses can be found in Cookies & Google Analytics in documentation for Google's Analytics tracking code.
d) Targeting and advertising Cookies or similar technologies - These are mainly used to deliver adverts more relevant to your personal interests. This is called “retargeting”. This means cookies, pixels or plugins that are usually placed by carefully selected advertising networks (e.g., banner advertising) based on your browsing behavior on the Website may be offered to you when you visit other websites participating in the advertising network.
Examples of Targeting and advertising cookies and similar technologies:
- Google DoubleClick ID cookie: these cookies analyze audience behavior on our website to improve website design, content and serve better advertising to customers through remarketing practices. They expire in Double Click after 1.5 years.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: A You Tube cookie that measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old. This cookie expires after 8 months from set/update.
- use_hitbox: The use_hitbox cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video. This cookie expires at the end of the session.
- YSC: This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video. This cookie expires at the end of the session.
- Facebook plug-ins help us market our business using the Facebook Social Network. The ‘Like Box’ plugin for example detects whether you have "Liked" our Facebook page and uses this information to present either a "Like" button or a "You Like this" message with various other associated details from Facebook. If you are not logged in to Facebook, no cookies should be served. If you are logged in to Facebook, the plugin creates and/or updates a series of third-party cookies. We use the Facebook plugins on the basis that Facebook adheres to its data use policy - see http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ for more information.
- Facebook ‘pixel’: the Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of social advertising.
a) Adobe Flash:
The Website may offer video content that can only be viewed using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to help improve your experience as a user. Please note that, unlike conventional cookies, Flash cookies can only be deactivated or deleted using the Adobe Flash Player settings, not in the browser settings. Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies, you will be unable to access certain types of content on the Website.
b) Pixel tags:
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Website, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Website and response rates. As mentioned above we use Facebook plugins and the Facebook pixel.
c) Browser or Device information:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Website you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
d) Physical Location:
We collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you can allow or deny such uses and sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
e) Device Fingerprinting:
To be able to offer you content that we believe may interest you based on your activity on the Website, and for fraud prevention and authentication purposes, we may also use other technologies that are similar to cookies. For example, we may gather device attributes and combine information collected by most browsers or automatically through your device to create a unique ID that identifies your browser or device to us with reasonable certainty. In this context we may collect, use, and combine the following information:
- Number of visits
- Last visit
- First visit
- External IP address
- Internal IP address
- Screen resolution
- Geolocation (latitude/longitude based on IP address)
- Device performance benchmark
- Device bandwidth benchmark
- Device user-agent (browser type, version)
- Device capabilities (Modernizer string for browser capabilities)
- Device operating system
- Device plugins installed
- Browser language
- Flash enabled or disabled
- Device time on file
- Keywords used if coming from search engine
- Pages visited
- Length of visit
- Referral page
- Mouse cursor position
- Mouse clicks
- Page scroll position
D. What are your choices of opting-out.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need. The browser settings can be used to, for example, block cookies in general or only those of specific websites. Most browsers also offer the option of only blocking third party cookies. Be aware that blocking or deleting cookies could result in your being unable to access some areas of the Website or may cause some of their features to not function properly.
You can find more information about deleting cookies on the most common browsers by following the relevant links below:
- Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835)
- Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
- Chrome (http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647)
- Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/)
- Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042)
- Safari for iPad and iPhone (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)
To opt out of our use of Google Analytics you may wish to consider using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Other Data Subject tools include Google’s ads settings, and ads opt-out.
To permanently opt out of Google's DoubleClick cookie, which is Google's main advertising cookie, you can install its DoubleClick opt-out add-on. Once installed, even if you clear all your cookies and restart your browser, it will prevent the DoubleClick cookie from being saved to your browser.
You can also visit www.networkadvertising.org to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer.
You may also want to visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.youradchoices.com to learn how to opt out of customized advertisement. Your mobile device may allow you to limit the sharing of information for retargeting purposes through its settings.Please be aware that opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
The procedure for deleting or blocking cookies depends on the specific browser that you use. The browser settings can be used to, for example, block cookies in general or only those of specific websites. Most browsers also offer the option of only blocking third party cookies. We should point out, however, that blocking or deleting cookies could result in your being unable to access some areas of the Website or may cause some of their features to not function properly. For more details on cookie settings, please see your browser's help menu.
If you want to clear all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking cookies:http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php
Valid for 3 months from newsletter sign up date.
This code cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.